Sunday, January 30, 2011

HARD CANDY....

Today's thoughts on a very affordable brand available at Walmart.....

Hard Candy has very cool, inovative packaging, sort of a tattoo type theme to most of what they have out.  I've tried a few items from them and it's a pretty decent product for the money.

Here are a couple of items I tried includes:  Split personality eye shadow duo, Eye Def glitter eyeshadow, shadow primer, Visibly Wet lip pencil, and Powder Keg pigment in Kryptonite:


Swatches of the above product


Ok, so the eye shadow duo - top two colors...I bought the pyscho black/psycho white duo figuring it would be the most useful to me.  I love the convenience of this item, shadows go on like a cream but, are more sheer than I would like.  The trick to this packaging is twisting a few good times to get the product onto the little smudge applicator.  It states there are 50 uses per end, but, I have to believe that near the end it is almost impossible to get the product on the applicator.  Overall a neat product that travels well and gives you a quick smokey eye.

Next is  the Visibly Wet lip pencil (Inferno) - woah...this goes on with amazing shimmer, nice and creamy...this red is a little more to the orange side than I would normally wear, but, I would definately try this pencil in other colors.


The gold is their EyeDef glitter eyeshadow...and it is what they promise, like a liquid glitter that stays on really well, doesn't seem to wear or wipe off at all.  Applicator is long and a bit awkward but, the tube has a wide opening that you can use a small brush in if this causes too much of an issue.

Last but not least the Powder Keg of pigment, (1.89g) nice shimmery green color, goes on smoothly with the little smudge brush applicator.  Again, inovative product design with this one....slightly messy but, loose pigment just kind of is messy.  Love this color and again, nice to travel with this as when the applicator is in the bottle it is a tight fit/seal.


I've been trying the primer which seems to work ok, but, have not seen it available by itself, I've only seen it in the little kits that are available, or packaged with pressed shadows occasionaly.

So, what do I think of Hard Candy?  Nice product, fun packaging, convenient and easy to use and most of all affordable.  So thumbs up HC!  Check out their stuff at http://www.hardcandy.com/ or at your local Walmart store.  Let me know what YOU think.

No comments:

Post a Comment