Thursday, March 24, 2011

Where does the time go?

So, it has been quite a while since I posted something.  Work is insane, and from the looks of it only going to get busier and busier with lots of construction plans for the next year or so...I think i really need a vacation before the shit hits that fan. Two corporate visits last week, one went really good i think the other went pretty much exactly as I expected (ridiculous) and discouraging.  This job has a lot of pluses but, the stress is really getting to me and i may just loose.my.shit.

Just finished up Peter Pan with WCT and another successful run it was.  I was pretty pleased with all the costumes and how it all turned out...next up is Jack and the Beanstalk (a frickin cow costume in that one) and then Jungle Book (nightmare of animal costumes). The kids are just fantastic, the talent is amazing and they really are just great kids.

 That all kept me pretty tied up for the two weeks of production and my favorite little buddy was at her "father's" (and yes, i put that in quotes for a reason), while my daughter (middle one, Jacqui) jetted off to be a street vendor in NOLA for Mardi Gras and then a bunch of parades up the east coast.  I was pretty pissed off about that entire situation and her lack of parental responsibility in all of it....i never thought I would see so much of her father in her, it made me very sad both for her and for the little one.  I took Li'l Amy for the last two weekend she was gone and we had a lovely time.  We played in her room, read books, had sword fights with pool noodles, pillow fights, play-dough (which she calls potato), coloring and just good old ya-ya bonding time.

Plus to that little story, besides the bonding time with the little one, was a couple calls from Chante (my oldest) and dinner with her, visits to hang out with me and the baby...we all did an art project together and it was just nice to have that family time.

Gahd, i love that picture.

I really need to pull it together, figure out what the hell i am doing.....maybe get away for a few days from all of this.  (this of course is highly unlikely to actually happen)....but, it is finally spring, despite some snow today, and that should improve my mood. I'm overtired, overwhelmed, overworked and grossly under-appreciated.
oh, yeah...a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment