Monday, January 17, 2011

The name

Ok, so the name of the blog...well, a few years back I read WICKED (The life and times of the Wicked Witch) and became obsessed....I've since read the rest of Greg Maguires books and seen the play twice.  Wicked Good!!


I'm also from Boston where we have a tendency to use the work Wicked a wicked lot.


One of the most interesting things to me about the book was the interpretation, the idea that what we know as either good or evil is only that because that is the only version we've been told......interesting eh?


I must have picked up this book at the exact right time in my life, as I was going through a very messy divorce with someone who I believe has BPD, which led to alot of parallels in the land of Oz.  Spent several years on a message board dedicated to helping those who have a loved one with this illness and met so many great people who were confused, invalidated, hurt and alone (until they found the board)....


It's funny to me how sometimes a book or a movie or a person comes into your life, just exactly at the moment you are ready to receive what they have to offer.  I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment